This page is for informational purposes only. When using Fin you agree to all terms and conditions set fourth in our rental agreement.
- Breathe independently (i.e., not require medical devices to sustain breathing)
- Independently maintain sealed airway passages while under water
- Independently hold head upright without neck / head support
- Manage personal care independently
- Manage personal mobility independently
- Follow instructions and effectively communicate independently or with assistance of a companion
- Independently turn from face-down to face-up and remain floating face up while wearing a properly fitted life jacket
- Get in/out or on/off of a paddlecraft independently
- Independently get out and from under a capsized paddlecraft
- Reenter or remount the paddlecraft following deep water capsize independently
- Maintain a safe body position while attempting normal Recreational watercraft skills and activities and have the ability to recognize when such efforts would be unsafe given your personal situation
Kayaking Safety in 1 Minute
Recovering from a capsize.
Review the essentials
Always carry your cellphone in a water protected case. If you need help on the water your cellphone will be necessary. Your cellphone also lets us know your location during your rental. FAQ: In Case of Emergency on the Water
Celebrate after the paddle when you are off the water.
Launch surfaces are variable, they may be slippy and/or steep and are subject to changing conditions.
Important Fin Policies
- Fin paddlesports are for Adults only.
Paddlesports are available for those over 18 years old.
- Padding Locations.
While paddling stay within our designated geofence.
- No Passengers.
You may not carry, tow, or otherwise transport a second person (including a child or pet) using a Fin watercraft. FAQ: In Case of Emergency on the Water.
You are expected to yield to all other boats.
Boats, especially large ones, are not as maneuverable. It may be impossible for them to avoid you making it imperative that you get out of their way. Do not assume they can see you. Boat traffic awareness and safe practice
Unlocking the Kayak
Download the Fin app on your Smartphone. Read the Overview Slides. Find your Fin location on the Map that appears.
Scan QR code on Equipment using your Smartphone. Confirm Rental and Pay to receive unlock code.
Use code on combination lock, click down on the lock for it to pop open. Then remove steel cable from Equipment handle and Life Jacket.
Take Equipment from the rack then re-secure the steel cable to the rack with the combination lock. You MUST scramble the lock combination again before leaving.
Put on, adjust properly, and wear your life jacket at all times. Your phone must be tethered to you in a secure dry bag at all times. Have a great trip!
Returning the Kayak
Place Equipment in the same slot it was taken from. Make sure the paddle is reattached in its holder.
Unlock and then reinsert cable through Equipment handle and both life jacket arm holes.
Re-secure the steel cable to the rack with the combination lock. You MUST scramble the lock combination again before leaving.
End your ride in the App. Then take and upload a picture of the returned equipment, also in the App.
If you enjoyed your experience with Fin please leave a 5 Star Review in the App. Have a wonderful day!